Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Allergy Season

For the love of all things respiratory, can someone please shut the pollen off!?! Who do I have to speak to about this insane allergy season...put them on the phone!

Here I sit, snivelling away at my computer, eyes swollen shut, nose dripping, head throbbing. I tell you, I am on my last breaths and no one even cares! Folks just say, "oh yeah, it's allergy season." Thank you, I would never have guessed. And you're right, I'll be just fine...as soon as the truck that is parked on my face rolls away.

I mean to tell you, this is no way to live. How the hell are you supposed to get anything done when you feel like you're one foot from the grave? And of course, allergy attacks don't count as being "sick." Oh no, they're just something you have to work through. Now if I had a cold they'd send me home, the flu, I wouldn't even have had to come in, but allergies, well just hand her a Kleenex and put more work on her desk! I just don't believe in being sick if it doesn't render you motionless and unable to eat. I'd much rather lay in bed watching General Hospital and dropping a few pounds than pushing papers as the living dead.

Alas, I shall be here...sneezing, for the rest of the day...providing I make it that long. (sniff) (cough) (wheeze)