Thursday, May 11, 2006

American got it wrong


I'm totally devastated! How could America vote Chris Daughtry off American Idol?!

Yes, I watch American Idol and I'm not ashamed to admit it! And though I was once Queenan of the Pageant Circuit, I don't have any delusions of becoming the next great teen idol. I mean I can sing just fine, but if it's not from a musical or Judy Garland's songbook, it's not a song for me.

Anyway, I am just torn up over this loss. Maybe it's cause he's from the land of my birth, or maybe it was all that footage of him selling autoparts to support his wife's kids, or it could just be cause he was real good but regardless I just can't believe America voted him off! I mean you can't seriously want a man having epileptic fits every time he sings to win this, can you? And poor Elliot is so unfortunate-looking I just don't know who they could market him to. Now Catherine is the best outta all of em, but seeing as how the pretty girl with the big voice has already won twice, you'd think everyone would be ready to breakout with a guy who won't eat his way through every recording session.

Alas, America has proven it has no taste yet again. The small-town small-mindedness has prevailed and the rocker got kicked off. Oh, and could Ryan Seacrest have been any harsher with the delivery? He's such an ass. If I didn't already hate him I would have started last night. Add that one to the list...Ryan Seacrest, must stab in the eye.

So Farewell Chris...you just find you a rock band and I'll be first in line for tickets!