Sunday, November 09, 2008

For my Mother...The NAG

My lord if that woman won't get off my behind! It's a good thing my backside has spread enough to accommodate my mother and her incessant nagging. She has been on me like a rat on a Cheeto to blog and I just can't take it anymore! Of course this is why she continues to "remind", for the rare moments when one of her children are actually nagged into submission. My brothers, having developed male-pattern deafness at a remarkably early age, are never at risk of caving to any requests, no matter how often repeated. My sister is lost in a cloud of teenage-dom that basically requires disobedience to any direct request. Leaving me, the farthest away and yet the only one who occasionally listens. One more instance of my overall perfection... but I digress.

So I know I'm neglecting y'all, and I'm real sorry but it simply can't be helped. Apparently when folks pay you to work for them, there is an expectation that you will use your hours of employ to accomplish tasks related to said folks. As the beginning of my auspicious career consisted mainly of finding ways to amuse myself on the Internet in between manicures, you can imagine the shock my system received when I realized I was runnin' the damn place and had a nigh-on a full day's work to do! Let me tell you, my fingernails are in a sad state and I fear my cuticles may never recover.

It's not that I don't think of you often. In fact, every morning on the subway I encounter some fashion tragedy, social retardation, or general stupidity and I think, "Queenie, you've got to post 'fore these fools get out of hand." And yet everyday between the subject of my disdain and power button of my computer lies a passel of problems so pressing I can't hardly check my horoscope before I gotta start savin' the world.

I do have lots to tell y'all and of course my list of complaints is miles long at this point- sufficed to say that no folks be actin right, including my damn dog who now sleeps with her head on the pillow between us like a full-out human. My hubby still puts the "sweet" in Sweetpotato, but lorda mercy if he can't find the laundry hamper with both hands and a flashlight! Someone has deemed the empire waist so last season I can't hardly find anything to cover my ass, and football has once again ruined my park-strolling plans for fall. It is a wonder I even get out of bed in the morning.

So here you are Mother.... 6 months to think and not a single nice thing to say. I might be worried about my psyche, if I could be bothered.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,well-I just perchance checked your blog. You really should send up a flare and let us starving fans feast on your new enlightenments-and yet there are none. Why not tell us about your move experience and why we weren't allowed in the old apartment. Or the tenament tour that reminded me of my child hood? Or your office move- or OTHER things? If I could remember how to post I would but alas, I am too busy and important to bother learning computer things.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Queen Mum for nagging. Its nice to see Queenie is alive and still full of southern sass. Now, a major holiday just happened, I'm sure you have something NICE to say about your family. hmm? Love, Cousin Tina

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your back Katie

11:04 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, nike air max, louis vuitton handbags, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp handbags, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin shoes, red bottom shoes, coach outlet, coach purses, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet store, ray ban outlet, true religion, chanel handbags, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany jewelry, true religion outlet, nike free, coach outlet, nike air max, oakley vault, nike outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors handbags

10:24 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, north face jackets, soccer shoes, beats headphones, mcm handbags, marc jacobs outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, nike trainers, ugg soldes, nike roshe, vans outlet, north face jackets, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mont blanc pens, nike huarache, wedding dresses, ugg boots clearance, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, uggs on sale, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, insanity workout, instyler ionic styler, celine handbags, canada goose, longchamp, asics shoes, canada goose outlet, jimmy choo shoes, chi flat iron, birkin bag, ugg outlet, ghd, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, ugg, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, hollister

10:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To find a better exposure for your facebook account, Persons expend cash to Buy Facebook Followers to conveniently have exposure online. ordering facebook followers

9:03 AM  
Blogger xccc said...

The most widely used online social network site Twitter aids individuals to comprehend about ongoing things and activities or social reactions of their favorite superstars. here you can buy twitter followers

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home