Thursday, May 25, 2006

Idol OVER!

Oh dear Lord, the finale of American Idol was the most painful thing I've ever seen! I mean, it's a SINGING competition right? Why on earth would they drag the most pitiful "stars" on stage with these contestants? Check out the photo gallery for yourself.

Toni Braxton, God love her, she must be sharing Paula's drugs cause she was just a disaster and I couldn't understand a damn word she sang/growled.

Mary J Blige, well now, y'all know singing is a bit of a stretch for her, yelling is more her comfort zone and yell she did. Only she's not so good at the "duet," I mean she 'bout knocked poor Elliot of the stage with her terrible rendition of the U2 classic "One." Bono must owe somebody big time to let his anthem be slaughtered repeatedly by this hack.

McPhee and Meatloaf...there are no words. Alright, of course there are but they aren't fit to print. If I were her I'da been terrified the way he was stalking around the stage, high on Godknowswhat.

Speaking of Catherine, she's had a rough time of it lately. First they gave her the WORST original song ever written (I heard Nick Lachey teamed up with a former Idol contestant to create this masterpiece...sounds just like the whiney drivel he's always singing, everything rhymed with "destiny"). Then they pitched it way too high for her. Then they stuck her with a coked-up has-been for a duet that didn't even approximate being in any one key. Now you know her momma was Up-Set about that. She didn't raise no mediocre singer, uh-uh, and don't you put her with no tone-deaf buffoon making her look bad. I mean to tell you, it was all Momma McPhee could do not to walk up on that stage and yank that mike right outta Meaty's hand!

Of course the group numbers were about the gayest medleys ever sung. Can you just imagine the American Idol tour? Stab me in the eye!

In the end of course, Taylor Hicks and his crazy-ass Soul Patrol won the title. By that point I was so emotionally drained from all the preceding insanity that I could hardly care.

AHHH! How could I forget to mention Clay?!?! His hair...WTF? I guess after his little Internet incident he just opened those closet doors and ran right on out to his hair-dresser. He seems to have embraced his musical theater roots...look out 42nd Street, I expect to see him on The Broad-way as soon as he can wrench free from his Idol contract!!

Another season comes to a close and we're left listening to the heart-warming ballad, "Do I Make You Proud," for the next 30 weeks...I can hardly contain my excitement.

12 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Loved Mary because she's a force, you are dead-on about Toni and Prince was just Prince. I am utterly addicted to that show and was so thrilled to see Elliot back on stage. I hope that boy gets all of his dreams handed to him on a platinum platter.

Brenda Della Casa
lolaspaghetti.blogspot.com

8:03 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg boots, north face jackets, soccer shoes, beats headphones, mcm handbags, marc jacobs outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, nike trainers, ugg soldes, nike roshe, vans outlet, north face jackets, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mont blanc pens, nike huarache, wedding dresses, ugg boots clearance, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, uggs on sale, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, insanity workout, instyler ionic styler, celine handbags, canada goose, longchamp, asics shoes, canada goose outlet, jimmy choo shoes, chi flat iron, birkin bag, ugg outlet, ghd, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, ugg, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, hollister

10:06 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora jewelry, toms outlet, wedding dress, lancel, nike air max, moncler, ray ban, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, converse shoes, canada goose, converse, hollister, swarovski jewelry, air max, moncler, parajumpers outlet, coach outlet, swarovski uk, juicy couture outlet, hollister canada, canada goose pas cher, canada goose, iphone 6 case, louboutin, oakley, supra shoes, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, montre femme, baseball bats, timberland shoes, pandora charms, moncler, moncler outlet, uggs canada, moncler, thomas sabo uk, vans, ugg, karen millen, pandora uk, ralph lauren, replica watches, moncler, links of london uk, juicy couture outlet

10:10 PM  
Anonymous oriental poker said...

discovered your weblog website on google and examine a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of forward to studying extra from you later on!…

9:12 PM  
Anonymous link slot online said...

Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous poker online indonesia said...

Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually irritating. A good site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this web-site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous idnplay apk said...

Hello dude,i like this Ones blog very much. do u have suggestion for my homepage? thanks as

12:43 AM  
Anonymous wap.sbobetasia said...

“I intended to draft you the very little note to say thanks again over the pleasing tips you’ve featured on this website. This has been simply strangely open-handed with people like you to allow without restraint what exactly most people would’ve advertised as an electronic book to get some money on their own, primarily considering that you might well have tried it if you ever considered necessary. Those ideas in addition served as the fantastic way to understand that most people have a similar desire just as mine to know the truth many more concerning this condition. I am sure there are many more enjoyable periods up front for individuals who scan your blog post.”

8:42 PM  
Anonymous sbobetasia login said...

- Gulvafslibning | Kurt Gulvmand After research a few of the blog posts in your web site now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and might be checking again soon. Pls try my website online as nicely and

8:43 PM  
Anonymous dingdong online said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I?ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I?ll learn a lot of new stuff right hear Best of luck for the next! dingdong online

3:22 AM  
Anonymous sbobet limited said...

Well done! I thank you your contribution to this matter. It has been useful. my blog: how to get taller

3:08 AM  
Anonymous 99skincare said...

shoot me an email and we will talk more becasue i may have an interesting idea for you.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home