Friday, May 26, 2006

Winnie's Trauma


Well today is a very special day. Today is the day when my over-charged, over-grown, totally spoiled mutt gets tamed. Yes, today, she goes so be Spayed. I probably shouldn't be so happy about it, but I'm hoping against hope that the rumors they tell you are true, that pups do calm down once they've been de-sexed because truly, I MUST get some sleep!!

Y'all know Winnie, I've told you about her ridiculousness before and blamed it on her dad, who as we all know is a Potato with a heart of gold. And through all my complaining and whining and bitching and moaning and vows to stop her tyrannical rule over my tiny apartment, He has remained steadfast in his resolve to spoil the living mess outta her!!

You should have seen him this morning as the two of them left for the vet, he was a wreck! You'da thought he was leading a lamb to the slaughter, for the love of God. Winnie, of course, was none the wiser and trotted off with the doctor to inspect that the premises met her approval. Sweetpotato returned home utterly disoriented without his partner in crime, as if the world might end if he didn't have someone to throw a ball to all day. I can only imagine what he'll be like the first day our kids go to kindergarten...oy!

Really I just can't wait for her to come home with that cone thing and try to squeeze herself in the bed. I shall find it hysterical, though you know it will be Winnie who laughs last. You just know Sweetpotato in his guilt will throw me off the bed so Winnie can be more comfortable, afterall as he said this morning, "we have to give her lots of treats, she's having a hard day." Oh, for the love! I leave the house everyday, braving the elements and the hoards of crazy folk and the ramshackle subway system, all to sit in a stifling office and fend off the phone calls of lazy idiots who can't make basic business decisions, get blamed for the failure of the US market and run half-way around the city in shoes that give me blisters! I have had a hard day, but do I get treats? I don't think so.

I am telling you, this bitch has got my life, my attitude, AND my Sweetpotato. I'd hate her, but she's just too darn cute!! Good luck Winnie Wooster...we love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home